Throughput graphs are generated by multiple executions of the same performance tests across physical testbeds hosted LF FD.io labs: 3n-hsw, 2n-skx, 2n-skx. Box-and-Whisker plots are used to display variations in measured throughput values, without making any assumptions of the underlying statistical distribution.
For each test case, Box-and-Whisker plots show the quartiles (Min, 1st quartile / 25th percentile, 2nd quartile / 50th percentile / mean, 3rd quartile / 75th percentile, Max) across collected data set. Outliers are plotted as individual points.
Additional information about graph data:
- Graph Title: describes tested packet path, testbed topology, processor model, NIC model, packet size, number of cores and threads used by data plane workers and indication of VPP DUT configuration.
- X-axis Labels: indices of individual test suites as listed in Graph Legend.
- Y-axis Labels: measured Packets Per Second [pps] throughput values.
- Graph Legend: lists X-axis indices with associated CSIT test suites executed to generate graphed test results.
- Hover Information: lists minimum, first quartile, median, third quartile, and maximum. If either type of outlier is present the whisker on the appropriate side is taken to 1.5×IQR from the quartile (the “inner fence”) rather than the max or min, and individual outlying data points are displayed as unfilled circles (for suspected outliers) or filled circles (for outliers). (The “outer fence” is 3×IQR from the quartile.)
Test results have been generated by FD.io test executor vpp performance job 3n-hsw, FD.io test executor vpp performance job 3n-skx and FD.io test executor vpp performance job 2n-skx with RF result files csit-vpp-perf-1904_1-*.zip archived here. Required per test case data set size is 10, but for VPP tests the actual size varies per test case and is <=10.
- L2 Ethernet Switching
- IPv4 Routing
- IPv6 Routing
- IPv4 Tunnels
- KVM VMs vhost-user
- LXC/DRC Container Memif
- IPSec IPv4 Routing
- SRv6 Routing